The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transaction Date Problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have OmniFocus 1.7.5 on two machines.

I have the latest OmniFocus for iPhone both on my iPhone 4 and iPad.

I sync all of the clients on a regular basis (at least once a day) using my MobileMe iDisk.

Recently - and only since the update to the most recent iPhone version of OF with the new icon - I get these messages when I run the app. They appear sporadically but when they do, I usually have to click through in excess of 100+ of them noting that the transaction time changes each time the message appears. It looks like it is the seconds ticking upwards each time I see the timestamp.

I've already tried several times nuking the app, the database and resyncing, it always seems to come back.

This is frustrating and killing the usefulness of OF on my iPhone. Note this doesn't happen on my iPad. My guess is some sort of regression on iOS4.

I've attached a screenshot.

Any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0075.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	1488  

In fact, if I were to guess, it is something to do with localisation settings on the device. Note that I have 12 hour clock selected, it wouldn't surprise me if the date format you use has caused some change in the formatting.

Hey crut-

If I'm remembering everything correctly, it is a regression (one that affects GMT and perhaps Arabic localizations), and have plans to fix this soon. (In a way that doesn't rely on iOS for that particular string.)

In your particular case, does it get fixed switching to 24hr format? (Would you mind emailing in to us Support Ninjas for more troubleshooting?)

Last edited by derekr; 2010-07-20 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: Changes

derekr, I change the time format and I've not yet received any transaction date issues yet.

I will test with it like this for a number of days to see if the issue returns. I will then switch back to 12 hour clock and test for a set of days again which should help isolate the problem if it is indeed the system clock format.

Got to love localisation issues.

I was seeing the same problem over several weeks. Changing my phone from 12hr to 24hr cleared up the errors instantly.