The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Omniweb will not quit Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OK - I know a log way round to get it to quit, but why should I!!

Is it ia design feature that I have to force quit after downloading something, thn delete all my preference files to cure..... until next time

Only bought it 48hrs ago!!! Love the program, but it's the first and only browser I've paid for and it's the ONLY one that won't do a simple QUIT when I ask it too

Clive

Quote:
Originally Posted by c53204
OK - I know a log way round to get it to quit, but why should I!!

Is it ia design feature that I have to force quit after downloading something, thn delete all my preference files to cure..... until next time

Only bought it 48hrs ago!!! Love the program, but it's the first and only browser I've paid for and it's the ONLY one that won't do a simple QUIT when I ask it too

Clive
Other than your description of this in a different thread earlier today, I have not heard of this problem before.

In the other thread you started about this, a solution was presented and you said it worked. Does this mean that it is happening again?

Can you give more details about when it happens? Have you filed a bug report with OW?

What you are describing is pretty bizarre behavior and if this were a common problem, we'd have heard about it here.

Peter

I've had the same issue, but generally only after visiting sites that trigger the JS bug. Usually I can let it sit and eventually it will quit. Otherwise it doesn't take much effort to force quit it.

I just experienced this issue. Thursday morning I quit OW. The app name in the menu bar became highlighted (as the result of hitting command+q) and I let it sit there. 10 minutes went by and I forgot to keep checking it before I left.

I got back to the machine this morning - four days later - and OW still hadn't quit.