The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.5.1 for iPhone is now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Want to hear what we're working on next? Look for @omnifocus on twitter!

If you haven't already seen our notes on OmniFocus 1.5 for iPhone, you might want to read that first. It talks about the major new features introduced in 1.5, such as repeating tasks, searching, and the new maps view.

Here are some of the changes in this latest 1.5.1 update:
  • Nearby remembers whether you last used Map or List view.
  • Added settings for whether the app badge counts overdue actions, due soon actions, both, or neither.
  • You can assign locations to contexts by editing the nearby list.
  • Fixed a bug where the map sometimes wouldn't recenter after launching directly into Map view.
  • Fixed some bugs in the Sync Settings interface.
  • Removed "mailto" from the Send Feedback email address.
  • Cleaned up some animation transitions with the item title on the details screen.
  • Image attachments now display on a black background.
  • When selecting a start or due date, you can now tap multiple times on the Day, Week, and Month buttons to increment the date further.
  • Updated the interface for repeating actions. Repeating actions now distinguish between repeating on a fixed schedule ("repeat every"), starting again some period after completion ("start after"), and becoming due again some period after completion ("due after"). Please note that OmniFocus 1.6 for Mac only supports "repeat every" and "due after"; the "start after" option is coming to the Mac in v1.7.
  • Fixed sorting in the All Actions lists.
  • Fixed a bug with restoring the top-level All Actions view state during launch.
  • Inline browsing now works with "Http" URLs, not just "http".
  • Fixed a bug with unselectable attachment rows.
  • Contexts once again show a section header between subcontexts and actions.
  • Fixed a bug where toolbar buttons could disappear after syncing on the Settings screen.
  • Disabled attachment editing while recording or playing back an audio attachment.
  • Fixed a potential crash in the Repeat screen.
  • Improved the margins of the title field on the Title & Note screen.
  • Fixed a bug where entering a note for a new inbox item could lose your item title.
  • When filing an action or project, the Move screen once again indents items to indicate hierarchy.
  • Copying an action now places its task XML, its title (as text), and its omnifocus: link on the pasteboard. You can now paste a link from one task into the notes of another task, then click on the link to switch over to the linked item.
  • Added support for pasting more types of images into attachments.
  • Fixed a number of layout issues in the experimental landscape mode. (We're not quite ready to enable this by default yet, but definitely getting closer!)
  • Fixed some crashes and other bugs with the experimental undo support. (Undo is also still a work in progress, so it's also disabled by default.)

Note: Before updating, we recommend that you either synchronize your data with MobileMe or a WebDAV server (even if you're not using OmniFocus for Mac), or that you have a current backup of your iPhone data in iTunes. (That way you won't lose any data if your update is accidentally interrupted!)

Last edited by Ken Case; 2009-07-15 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: Turned @omnifocus into a link

Wow - you guys aren't resting on your laurels, are you?

Thank you so much for the Map vs. List thing - just knowing it's being worked on is a relief!

The multi-tap on the due date buttons ... excellent!

Other than an indicator icon for notes, there isn't much else that I absolutely need after that, short of some more repeating options (e.g. every 2nd Thursday, etc.) that would need an update in OmniFocus desktop too.

That and the Post Code issue for UK locations being fixed!

Day, Week, Month increments will be great.

Really enjoying the new search - makes app a LOT quicker to get around.

I've sent in a feature request that there's an option to set the red app badge to only show overdue items, not nearly due + overdue. Any chance of that making it in there soon? Nice to not to be faked out by the red when nothing's actually overdue!

Hi,

Newbie user (haven't bought yet)... Wanting to have the least painful first experience with Omnifocus for iPhone...

Do you have an ETA (emphasis on 'E', I won't hold you to it), for when 1.5.1 for iPhone will be available to purchase/download from App Store?

Thanks,
Brad

Come on in, the water's fine! Just buy it now and get started. The absence of the changes above isn't likely to adversely impact a new user in a significant way, IMO, and the upgrade process is pretty painless so long as you aren't trying to do it while Apple is releasing a new OS (and they already did that, so you don't have to worry). The upgrade from 1.5 to 1.5.1 is free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likethesky View Post
Hi,

Newbie user (haven't bought yet)... Wanting to have the least painful first experience with Omnifocus for iPhone...

Do you have an ETA (emphasis on 'E', I won't hold you to it), for when 1.5.1 for iPhone will be available to purchase/download from App Store?

Thanks,
Brad
Generally speaking, if OmniGroup has announced the features that are coming in the next release in this manner, it means that they have already submitted it to Apple and it is just awaiting approval before it is released. So I would expect it within the next week to two weeks assuming that (a) Apple isn't overly swamped with application updates at the moment due to the OS 3.0 release and (b) it gets approved!

I was guessing that's what Ken meant--meaning it's done, now we have to wait for it to get posted to the App Store, but thanks for filling me in.

Thought if it was gonna be later today, I'd just wait, but knowing the vagaries of Apple's App Store process, I'll just go grab it now (my first iPhone app too! Just got my 3GS on Friday :-). Using OF for Mac now during my 14 day period...

Cheers!
~ Brad

wow this sounds awesome! Thanks a lot Omni Group!
Does anyone know when the update will be posted in the App Store? its been a while..

Word I heard was that Apple bounced their 1.5.1 submission (purportedly for a reason that applies to all the previous releases that they let through!) and the 1.5.2 submission to replace it is being evaluated by Apple right now. The developers don't get much more information about when an app revision will appear in the Store for download than we do...we'll get it when we get it, and there isn't anything we can do about it -- an exercise in patiently waiting for something good :)