The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniGraffle Canvas/Page Names in PDF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I export an OmniGraffle Pro file to "pdf Vector Image" the canvas names do not export with it. Instead when I open it in Acrobat or Preview, it just shows the page numbers.

Is this feature available, and if so how can I get the canvas names to show in the Pages sidebar?

There's no ability to do this at present, however we do have a feature request for this, I've added your comments there.

Cheers,

Has this been enabled yet?

This is a completely crucial feature for creating wireframes in Graffle with shared layers that one would want to share with developers/artists. Without this, the shared layer feature is relatively superfluous, since I would have to re-export all of the canvasses individually after making a change to that layer.

Disheartened, but hopeful.

you can use <%Canvas%> ( in a text box) to place the canvas name on the pdf pages, this is currently what i do

Thanks, Shelly. But I meant having the canvas names show up in the sidebar for Preview or Acrobat. So that someone could navigate to the pages by the canvas name. Right now, the pages (which are canvasses) show up as numbers. This sucks since the people I give the pdf to can't see which pages are in the file without going to each one and looking at the name.

Again - BUMP!
This is critical and has been aging for apparently 2 years.
Can we please get some support with this important item?

thanks
bryan

Bump posts do no good, and may be deleted by Omni staff, according to the forum policies. If you want to spur some action, use Help->Send Feedback to get your request into the development database. You might also consider the possibility that although a given feature may be of crucial importance to you, perhaps few others have said to Omni that the same is true for them, and development effort tends to be focused on the most popular requests.

This is still one of the things on our to-do list, but there have been other requests that we've gotten more requests for. The way to move this up the to-do list is to, as Bill mentioned, email our support ninjas and let them know you'd like to see this added. Thanks!

This feature was actually added in OmniGraffle 5.2, released August 28, 2009. Hope this helps!

I now wonder what the heck I was looking at in the dev database when I posted last week. :-)