The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Alert" when i try to sync with webdav Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
i set up a webdav server, but when i input the information in the sync preferences and click "sync", a window pops up that says "Alert", nothing more, and only gives me the option of pressing ok.
As this window pops up, my sync setting is reverted to nothing...
How can i start using my webdav?

thanks!

Are you using OmniFocus on a Mac or an iPhone?

What WebDAV server are you using?

It's for omnifocus on the mac, but the problem seems to have solved itself.
however, another question comes up. is there anyway to cancel a sync?
sometimes, omnifocus (mac) seems to be stuck for ages on a sync, and i have no option but to leave my mac on, because i can't quit OF due it not being able to backup while syncing.
i could force quit but i'm afraid all my data could be lost.

i'm using the miscit.com server from one of the users here on the forum.
thanks for the help!

OmniFocus has to be able to handle getting interrupted mid-sync, because this happens a lot on the iPhone. Your data has already been saved locally, so it won't get lost. You'll just need to sync it when you launch OmniFocus the next time.

However, it would be a better experience if we let you cancel the sync.

Meanwhile, syncs should be getting a lot faster with the latest builds. If you're having sync times over a minute for really minor changes on a standard DSL or cable internet connection, there is definitely something going wrong with your file.

Sync all your desktop computers, then run the attached applescript on whichever one has the most up-to-date info.
(You can run an applescript by opening the "Script Editor" application, opening the script file, and pressing the "Run" button.)
Next, open up your iDisk (or whatever location you're storing your sync database in) and rename its copy of the OmniFocus database to "OmniFocus-Old".
Do a sync from the machine that you ran the applescript on.
Launch OmniFocus on your phone and start a sync; when asked whether to use the 'local' or 'server' copy, choose 'server'.

Your syncs should now take a reasonable amount of time again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CoalesceDatabase.scpt.zip (3.1 KB, 543 views)

thanks for all the info!
also, the sync seems to have sped up quite a lot.
good to know you can get such quick answers from the OF experts.
thanks Lizard