The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Global zoom level for multiple canvases Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way i can change the zoom level for every canvas in a document at the same time?

Thx
Chris

I checked with the lead support ninja on OmniGraffle: he tells me that it's not currently possible, but we do have a feature request open on that. If you send in your request via email, he can attach you to the request.

Requests with more customers voting for them tend to bubble up our priority list. Thanks!

This still would be very usefull, but as far as I can see, there is still no solution for this. Or am I missing something here?

It's one of the requests we have on file in the database, but it hasn't made it's way into the app yet.

You'll want to email the support ninjas from the link in my previous post and let them know that you'd like to see this added; all other things being equal, items with more customer requests attached tend to get assigned higher priority. Hope this helps!

For the adventurous, here's an Applescript that cycles through the canvases and sets the zoom level.

Paste the script below into the AppleScript Editor, change the OG version name if necessary, and save it with File Format Script into ~Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniGraffle (or .../OmniGraffle Pro). Create that folder if it's not already there. You'll probably be asked to find the OG application. The script will then appear in the Script menu (the little scroll icon in the items on the right side of the menubar).

Choosing the script there will put up a dialog asking for a zoom level, with a default answer of the current one. It will then cycle through all the canvases and set them to that level.

tell application "OmniGraffle Professional 5"
set currentZoom to the zoom of the front window
set theDialog to display dialog "Zoom all canvases to:" default answer 100 * currentZoom
set theZoom to the text returned of theDialog
set theDoc to the document of the front window
set currentCanvas to the canvas of the front window
repeat with theCanvas in every canvas of theDoc
set the canvas of the front window to theCanvas
set the zoom of the front window to theZoom / 100
end repeat
set the canvas of the front window to currentCanvas
end tell

Last edited by john.gersh; 2011-03-11 at 10:48 AM..

This script cycles through, but does not change zoom in Mountain Lion Omni 5

Working here on 10.8 with OmniGraffle Professional

Minor edit to ensure that a valid zoom value has been entered:

Code:
tell application id "OGfl"
	tell front window
		set currentZoom to zoom
		set theDialog to display dialog "Zoom all canvases to:" default answer 100 * currentZoom

try
			set theZoom to the (text returned of theDialog) as number
		on error
			display alert "Enter a number, without a percent character"
			return
		end try

set theDoc to its document
		set currentCanvas to its canvas

repeat with theCanvas in (every canvas of theDoc) as list
			set its canvas to theCanvas
			set its zoom to theZoom / 100
		end repeat