The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Send to inbox with Start / Due to? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I use "Send to Inbox" for many mail tasks. But I really miss the chance to ente a start / due date. Any chance to add this?

Thanks,
Michael

What do you mean by "send to inbox"? If you're talking about the Clip-o-Tron, there's an option in the Clipping preferences in OmniFocus to send them to the Quick Entry window or the Inbox. Sending to Quick Entry allows you the immediate opportunity to set dates, flag, context, project, etc.

I think that you might have to enable those columns by looking in the gear menu of the quick entry window.

I mark the part of an email I like to have in OF, copy it and right click for "Send to Inbox". The Quick Entry (that is what I have chosen) opens with the copied text and I can choose the project, the context and "Flag". But no due date. To set this I have to enter OF and the entry itself again.

To open it with a shortcut does not work for me (Clip-O-Tron is enabled). But I wonder if there would be a difference to my Quick Entry window.

Lucas: Good idea. I just can not find any menu to enable these columns :-(
Of course, while being in a Project and pressing ENTER to create a new task I can set the date. It is just when opening the Quick Entry (even in OF by cmd+N) that date does not appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischa View Post
Lucas: Good idea. I just can not find any menu to enable these columns :-(
Does this screenshot help?

Dave, thanks a lot! Do not ask me why I did not see the setting button (answer: call me Dummy).