The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quick Entry with Launchbar Clipboard possible? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to able to:

1) Type the shortcut to activate OmniFocus Quick Entry window
2) Hit my shortcut to activate LaunchBar's Clipboard History and select various items to populate my new OF entry.

However, when selecting a LaunchBar Clipboard History item, the text is NOT pasted into the Quick Entry window, but into the window that was active prior to hitting the OF Quick Entry shortcut and that window afterwards has the focus, not the Quick Entry window.

This is irrespectively off whether the pasting is done as plain text or not from within LaunchBar.

Does anyone know of a way to have LaunchBar's Clipboard History items being sent to the active OF Quick Entry window, and not to the window that was active prior to activating the OF Quick Entry window?

Hey Potato-

Check here: http://forums.obdev.at/viewtopic.php?p=5119

Just set it up, and it works!

If you are using LaunchBar 5, you also can add one or more LaunchBar clipboards to the Quick Entry without a script.

1) First, bring up OmniFocus in LaunchBar

2) Then activate the text entry using shift-space

3) The bring up the LaunchBar clipboard history with command-k

4) Select an entry and hit return. To add additional clipboard entries, type the spacebar once and repeat Step #3. The clipboard entry is added to the note field of the Quick Entry window.

I've found that the clipping will vary somewhat depending on the frontmost application. For example, if Safari is active, the URL of the active window is also added, which could be a plus depending on what you want to capture.

Uhhh...

Much, much better. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Greg -- your suggested workflow works flawless! Thanks for taking the time to explain this so well.

Greg, what an awesome tip!

Thanks,
Steve