The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Linkback and sandboxing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I was thinking of implementing linkback in a project I'm working on, and was wondering if there are any issues with sandboxing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Alexander View Post
Hi, I was thinking of implementing linkback in a project I'm working on, and was wondering if there are any issues with sandboxing?
Yes, I'm afraid there are sandboxing issues with LinkBack. LinkBack communicates between arbitrary server and client apps using a combination of pasteboard and Distributed Objects for coordination. Pasteboard communication works fine within the sandbox, but Distributed Objects between apps don't.

We're still exploring how best to resolve this. If we figure out a general solution that will work for everyone (rather than just applying specific entitlements to allow communication between known apps), we'll report back (hopefully with some updated source code to share).