The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone sync fails / MacBook sync doesn't Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all

I have no problem syncing my MacBook version of OmniFocus to the url of:
https://idisk.me.com/username/Documents/

However:
  1. When I use the 'Share Settings' function to get the sync data onto my iPhone, the iPhone repeatedly asks for my username/password and won't progress.
  2. If I use the 'Send Settings' function, the .url given is different as it has Documents/OmniFocus.ofocus at the end. This time login is accepted - but I get the message of "Resource not found" once the login is accepted.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks, Andrew :)

I think I may know what's going on in situation 1, at least. It appears that the user name and password that OmniFocus for iPhone uses can get stuck on a particular value. If you enter a typo or if your login information for your sync server changes, OmniFocus gets stuck using the bad information.

We're going to add some code in an update that manually prompts you for another user name and password, but for the time being, though, we'll work around the problem by doing the following:
In OmniFocus' settings screen, scroll down to the sync settings.
Tap "advanced", then enter "http://demo.omnigroup.com" into the "Location" field.
Tap 'done', then tap the sync button.

Your phone will attempt to contact our server for a sync; we'll prompt the phone to ask you for a new login and password.

Type in random gibberish for the user name and password - the point here is that we want our server to send you a 'bad password' response. (Do not type in the user name and password of the *account you're actually trying to sync with; we could read that data.)

In any case, when the password sheet comes down a second time, tap 'cancel'.

Switch the sync settings back to their normal values and start a sync.

You will be asked for the user name and password; you can now enter the new info you want OmniFocus to use.

Does that get you up and running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
In OmniFocus' settings screen, scroll down to the sync settings.
Tap "advanced", then enter "http://demo.omnigroup.com" into the "Location" field.
I don't see "advanced" in the iphone omnifocus settings screen anywhere...I'm asuing you don;t mean the desktop settings window because you say "tap" but I went and checkd to be sure....nope. The only 'Advanced' anything I see is the "Advanced" global button in the desktop OF preferences.

Brian-

This fixed the problem I was having with the iPhone returning the 403 error message.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxable View Post
I don't see "advanced" in the iphone omnifocus settings screen anywhere...I'm asuing you don;t mean the desktop settings window because you say "tap" but I went and checkd to be sure....nope. The only 'Advanced' anything I see is the "Advanced" global button in the desktop OF preferences.
I don't have the public version in front of me, but I think the 'Advanced' option may have been labeled 'WebDAV' in that release.