The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

switching back from Things to Omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Or, just make an action reminding yourself to run the script when you get home.

nicoledb: About the slow sync times... Large attachments are a common cause. The other possibility is that you've got an old sync client still kicking around. Did you start fresh when you came back from Things, or did you revive an older database and sync location?

There's a couple ways to check on this...
1) In the iPhone app, scroll to the very bottom of the Settings page and look for some text like "109 projects, 1364 actions, 224 zip files" (yes, those are my current stats!) If that zip files count is, say, 2000, there's probably a stale client or some other sync-related issue.

2) The other way to check is to look at the OmniFocus database on the Mac. Open your OmniFocus database. Command-click on the title of the window and a little drop-down will list some folders. Click on the top one, which should be named "OmniFocus". This will open a new Finder window, showing you where your OmniFocus database is stored. Right-click on the file named "OmniFocus.ofocus" and choose "Show package contents" from the menu that appears.
Each zip file starts with a number like "20130121132330" (except the 0000000000000 one, which is special). That number is really the date: 2013, January 21, 13:23:30.
If any of those files is more than 2 weeks old, you've probably got a stale client or some other misbehavior.

Sorting that out (email omnifocus@omnigroup.com if you need help) should improve your sync times.

Yes, I know about the attachments and sync clients. But I hardly ever use attachments, and I don't have old sync clients hanging around. I sync between my Mac, MacBook, 2 iPhones (one work, one private) and iPad. If I forget to sync one of those for a day the zip file count goes up sky high, so now I try to eliminate one iPhone and the MacBook from the client list whenever possible, and only syncing the MacBook (and eliminating the Mac) when travelling. Right now I'm at 421 actions and 369 zip files, total database-size is 1.5 MB, and the oldest zip-file is from yesterday. Sync times are now bearable, but still annoying compared to how effortless Things-syncing is.