The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can OmniGraffle make hierarchical graphs out of Omni Outliner PRO outlines? (I hope.) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I bought Omnigraffle from the App Store several days ago along with Omni Outliner PRO.

I intend to use Outliner PRO to help me organize my thoughts (I am comfortable with the old fashioned hierarchy format, as long as it is flexible) and I want OmniGraffle to sometimes put already organized thoughts into a graph/box/cloud format.

So I need to know:
After I finish making an outline in OmniOutliner PRO, can I export it to OmniGraffle so that OmniGraffle can make whatever kind of a graph that I desire? Does all of the text and relationships (Parent, Child, Sibling) carry over to OmniGraffle?

Has anyone done this before? Do they open OmniGraffle first and import it from OmniOutliner PRO? Or do you start with you outline in OmniOutliner PRO and export to Omnigraffle?

Should I be going now for my glass of iced coffee? :-)

Kismet

Last edited by kismet; 2011-08-09 at 10:16 AM..

You can directly open OmniOutliner files in OmniGraffle, and pick how you want them laid out and styled. Hope that helps.

Joel, that is excellent news for me. I'm glad I bought both applications since they will be doing such different types of tasks for me.

Also, Joel: How can I get your (and others') replies to my question to show up on the same page as my Reply while I am doing the replying? I like to be able to see everything in a person's answer so that I can address each point individually if necessary.

Thanks for sending me the great news. I feel liberated.

-kismet

Kismet, you'll want to use the "Quick Reply" button instead of "Reply" in those cases.