The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

middle mouse click behavior on bookmarks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have both standard bookmarks and bookmark folders in my Favorites bar. When I middle mouse click on a bookmark not inside a folder, it opens in a new tab. When I do the same for a folder bookmark, it opens in the currently selected tab. I would really like for all my bookmarks to open in a new tab when I press the middle mouse button. Is this possible?

I have a MacBook Pro and a Microsoft IntelliMouse. I downloaded Microsoft's Intellipoint software, which lets you configure your mouse buttons. I set the middle mouse button to command + click. In Safari, this opens bookmarks from a folder in a new tab, but OmniWeb won't play nice, unfortunately.

Last edited by Vandaahl; 2007-01-11 at 04:42 AM..

Not at the moment unfortunately, we do have a request for this in our bug database though.

That's good to hear! Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Yeah, I'd like to see this issue addressed aswell.

I should add, there may actually be a workaround. If you can customize what the middle mouse click does you can run this terminal command:

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 MiddleClickLoadsTab -bool False
and restart OmniWeb. After doing so, I think OmniWeb will follow your system setting.