The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weekly Repeating Project with Tasks on Specific Week Days Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to figure out if there's a better way to do this. I have a project that repeats every week. It has a task that needs to be done on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

I could setup a project that doesn't repeat with four tasks that each repeat on their respective days.

But for reporting reasons - and so that the project always reflects the current state, not partially this week and partially next week, i'd prefer the project repeat each week and not the tasks.

Is it possible to have the project repeat each week and have the tasks assigned to a given weekday (ie. Monday)?

Yes, you can do this. Make the repeating project, with a start date for the beginning of the week. Add your tasks for M, T, W, and Th, giving each one a start date for that day, and a due date for that day. Here's an example:

Each day's task will only become available on that day, but due to my making the containing project a parallel one, Tuesday's task won't be blocked by your failure to complete Monday's task. I've set the option to have the project complete itself automatically (and thus spawn the next week's project) when the last action is completed. Note that there's still a hazard here if you don't complete the project within the week — next week's project won't be created until you've finished this week's work. If you think that might be a problem, you can have two of these projects set up for successive weeks, each set to repeat every 2 weeks instead of 1, thus giving you an additional week to tie up any loose ends.

Awesome. Thank you!