The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Day of the Week Option? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In regular Task View, there must be a way that you see the "Day of the Week" instead of just the date right?

When looking ahead, it's important for us to hit deadlines on a precise day of the week i.e Friday. How do I see that Oct 26th is a Friday for example?

Thanks so much

Bazza

1) Choose "Preferences" from the OmniPlan menu.
2) Click on the "Display" tab
3) Make sure the second drop down says "Day" scale
4) Drag the blue bubble next to "Day of Week" up to the "Date Header Format" box
5) [Optional] select and delete the other blue bubbles from the "Date Header Format" box.

Many thanks.
Bazza

In Leopard, when I drag the day of week or other elements to the header format box, the text appears static, not as a tokenized field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkent3rd View Post
In Leopard, when I drag the day of week or other elements to the header format box, the text appears static, not as a tokenized field.
Yep, this is a bug that we're trying to fix in a later version of OmniPlan. :-)

I have done what I think are the right steps to enable the day of the week, but the day of the week is still not showing up in the Start or Finish columns.

Where exactly is this day of the week supposed to show?

Thanks.

realtyler,

The rest of this thread is about customizing the date format for column headers. For date fields, we use your system short date format, which you can configure via System Preferences -> Language & Text -> Formats. There's currently no interface to set the format just for OmniPlan. I think it could be done via some command line hacking, but it's an ugly "ask a ninja" kind of thing.

-Tom