The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moved Downloads Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Safari is able to follow a downloaded file that is moved by a folder action script so that if you try to open a downloaded file, that has been moved, by from Safari's download window, it will still open. This doesn't work in OmniWeb. If the file is moved the file cannot be opened and it cannot be revealed either.

Just in case my explanation was a bit confusing I'll provide some steps of what is going on here:
  • Download a file with a .xxx file extension to the browser's assigned download folder
  • Download of file is complete and Finder is triggered by a custom folder action script to move files with .xxx file extensions to Z folder
  • Opening and/or revealing of the moved file is not possible in OmniWeb's download window however it is possible in Safari's download window