The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group completed tasks by day broken / removed in latest build? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One of the most valuable perspectives I knew was to be able to see all the tasks I have completed today, yesterday, last month etc. This only worked in context view, and now that "completed" is removed from task-filtering in context-view, there is no way to see what I have done today...
It should work in planning-view to though. Group by completed-date, and filter only completed. But by some reason all tasks end up in a "None"-group (instead of today, yesterday, last month...). Will this be fixed?

The project has to have a completion date for the grouping and sorting to work in planning mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebee View Post
t should work in planning-view to though. Group by completed-date, and filter only completed. But by some reason all tasks end up in a "None"-group (instead of today, yesterday, last month...). Will this be fixed?
It won't work in Planning mode, because group by completed date in Planning Mode groups by the completion date of the project, not the task. Show "All Projects" to see what I mean.

I requested that All and Completed action filters be restored to Context Mode. I urge everyone who thinks the same to submit feedback.

I too am totally stuck with the loss of "completed" and "all" filters in Context mode. I need to review what I completed last week today, so I can write my weekly status report.

For now, I've reverted to a prior version of OF. I'm terrified of what will happen when that one expires and I'm forced to upgrade. I'll have no way to remember what I did in the last week. Fie!

I sent feedback, but please please please Omni-Gods, in the words of the women of Dogpatch: "Put 'em back! Put 'em back! Put 'em back the way they was!"

+1

I also made use of the "Completed" filter in the context view to review my completed actions for generating a report of my weekly status. From the Projects view I can only group by the project completion date, so I can only review whole projects completed in the last week and not individual tasks. Please put this filter back in the Context view.

We're told omni is working on a new " review " feature .
Maybe a few hints about what this would be like [from omni ] would help . ?
I'm willing to trust their judgement for a while , but my last weekly review was much tougher than it needed to be since " completed " has been removed ; )

My apologies for not responding to this thread earlier, but I strongly agree with Somebee, MtnViewMark, matt_good. One of my weekly procedures was to view all completed tasks in context mode so that I could completely flush them from the system by deleting them (after review). This cannot be done in Planning mode (it seems to delete the projects right along with all the completed tasks).

I, too, strongly urge Omni to bring back these filters to Context view. We need them! One of the best things about Context view was the ability to view a long list of tasks that WASN'T organized by Project so that you could then perform operations on just the listed tasks. That functionality is gone.

Omni, I hope you are listening. Thanks.

--Sandy Santra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnViewMark View Post
I too am totally stuck with the loss of "completed" and "all" filters in Context mode. I need to review what I completed last week today, so I can write my weekly status report.

For now, I've reverted to a prior version of OF. I'm terrified of what will happen when that one expires and I'm forced to upgrade. I'll have no way to remember what I did in the last week. Fie!

I sent feedback, but please please please Omni-Gods, in the words of the women of Dogpatch: "Put 'em back! Put 'em back! Put 'em back the way they was!"

no news of the nifty new review feature yet ? how about a hint ? something to lessen the pain of losing " completed " filter ..

Amen. Pretty soon I'm going to have hundreds or thousands of completed items hanging around behind the scenes. Would love to find a way to get rid of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ext555 View Post
no news of the nifty new review feature yet ? how about a hint ? something to lessen the pain of losing " completed " filter ..

I agree. I am having problems doing my weekly review because of the removal of this feature in context view.

Omni, where are you baby ?