The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Is there a way to print a project plan like in MS Project? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm having some problems getting OmniPlan to print a useful gannt chart.

Right now I end up with a print out that has a lot of blank space, this project covers a full year, and is nowhere near complete at this stage.

The project prints 8 pages wide and 2 pages tall. The problem is that the top right and lower left pages are mostly blanks.

Is there a way to print like the default MS Project output? ie. The 1 page wide with the gannt charts timeline shifting to remove blank space?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quamen
I'm having some problems getting OmniPlan to print a useful gannt chart.

Right now I end up with a print out that has a lot of blank space, this project covers a full year, and is nowhere near complete at this stage.

The project prints 8 pages wide and 2 pages tall. The problem is that the top right and lower left pages are mostly blanks.

Is there a way to print like the default MS Project output? ie. The 1 page wide with the gannt charts timeline shifting to remove blank space?
Hi quamen,

Have you tried setting the orientation/scale settings in 'File' > 'Page Setup', as well as changing the paper dimensions for printing? You can change the dimensions by going to 'File' > 'Print' and selecting 'OmniPlan' from the drop-down menu.

Does that do anything for you?

hi akwong,

No that doesn't seem to do what I want. It reduces the number of printed pages but it doesn't help.

The print outs are great if you want to stick them up on a wall and look at them. But if you want to flip through them in a meeting then it becomes very hard to align the gannt with the outline.

What I want, instead of having a fixed time-scale for the gannt portion of the print out, is to have a shifting time scale so that the gannt portion of the print out is on the same page as the outline.

I too would like to have an option to repeat the outline column(s) on all pages. This would make the project even wider, but would make the printout considerably more useable.

I have requested the feature via feedback, but I wonder if someone else has found a workaround, or if I am doing something wrong.

quamen and christ:

We do have a feature request for this in our database, so I'll add a couple of votes to it for you two.

Add another vote....without it the wide print out is useless.

Thanks

Thank you akwong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quamen
Thank you akwong.
My pleasure! :-)