The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

global search? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I think this is my first post on this forum, so hi everyone ;)

The search in OF very powerful but a little frustrating for me at times.

It seems to default to searching the currently selected item in the left hand projects panel.

I would often prefer if there was a search everything mode so that the search would cover all my library items. Maybe there could be a way to do this within the existing interface with a special search keyword 'all'

Another issue is that search doesn't seem to find Project Folders either. For example i had a folder named 'Goals' with projects for each of my goals inside. I searched for Goals and found nothing! Took me a while to figure out what was going on...

Anyways, what do you people think? Is there something I can do to get what I want....? A quick shortcut to search all....? Less clicks is good... ;)

-jordan.