The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quick Look at caf audio files Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I used to be able to hit the space bar and "quick look" at the audio attachments from Omnifocus for iPhone from within Omnifocus for Mac. Since upgrading to Snow Leopard (I think) I'm unable to do that. Hitting space just brings up the quick look window and says "Loading preview" with a spinning indicator forever. The file never loads. Any idea where the problem might lie?

Perhaps a clue: if you double-click the attachment and play it with Quicktime Player, you'll be able to listen to it with QuickLook until you reboot the machine.

Perhaps another clue: on Snow Leopard, dragging the attachment to the desktop gets a text clipping, and QuickLook won't work on that either. On Leopard, you get a file that works with QuickLook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Perhaps a clue: if you double-click the attachment and play it with Quicktime Player, you'll be able to listen to it with QuickLook until you reboot the machine.
This dropped off my radar, but I just tried this and you're right, it works. Time to ping the ninjas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousstranger View Post
Time to ping the ninjas.
Pinged. Bug #57909

try this...
ctrl click the caf file and reveal it in the finder. ctrl click the finder there and choose 'get info'. from the info window, you can choose the application that you prefer to open the file (quicktime?) and make sure you tick the box that says make this the default program for this type of file (or something like that). Does it work then?