The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Question from new OP user Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi to all,

First, Congratulations to OmniGroup for the good tools you propose for mac user !!
I'm a Happy OmniFocus & Omnigraffle user for more than 2 years and i recently dive into the Omniplan for evaluating if the software could help me keep tracking of our small team various projects.

In the "Task" column, when i group multiple tasks and then export the whole project to an iCal, each tasks are named after the task name only in iCal and no mention about the group it is from, so i have to go back to the calendar and specify manually from wich group of task this specific one is coming from.
Here's an example;
Group Task : Schedule week workload
Individual task: schedule team meeting
assign task
send task to shared iCal (i know, it is just an example!)

When i export to iCal, these 3 tasks will be marked independant and will have no mention of the group task name in the "Get info" of the iCal item.
Meaning, if i already have another task from another group named "schedule team meeting" then i don't know to wich group this task relate to.

Am i missing something obvious?
Thank you again and keep up the good work!!

MacBook Air 10.8.2
OmniPlan 2.2.1