The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Remember the Milk script posted Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello everyone,

I just began to use OmniFocus together with Remember the Milk. Wanting to have a way to send my Next Actions to Remember the Milk (so that I can view them on my iPhone), I wrote a script that retrieves all the Next Actions of every project I have and then sends them to Remember the Milk. The script uses tags as the holder for contexts. I've posted the script online at:

http://www.camartis.org

Maybe someone will find it useful. MB

Last edited by MB_UST; 2007-12-16 at 06:46 PM..

How would you change this script to make it work with Mail.app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsoper View Post
How would you change this script to make it work with Mail.app?
The script relies on a very short command to Entourage:
tell application "Microsoft Entourage"
set Temp to make new draft window with properties {subject:subj,
recipient:RespEmail, content:Body}
send Temp with sending later
end

All you need to do is use the appropriate Mail commands instead of what is here, keeping the variables as listed. Do you know how to write Applescript? If not, I can send you the commands another day. Just let me know.

I don't know any Applescript, and would love if you - when ever you have time - can send me the adjustments to work with Mail.app. Thanks so much.

thanks ! I"ve been using RTM for an errands list and jotting to it .
I'll give it a try .

I wish there was a way to jott to omni focus but the mail parameters don't seem to cooperate .

I don't know Jott, but OmniFocus's dictionary is quite good and robust. Woud that other (even mature) applications had such a good AppleScript dictionary. If there is an easy way to extract information from Jott, it would be relatively simple (i.e., at most a day's worth of work, or just a few hours) to develop a script that would move information from Jott to OmniFocus.

I'm preparing for a trip and will be gone for a week begining Saturday. If I have a chance, I will post a Mail version of the script before I go, but no promises.

By the way, I updated the script to include all the items in a non-sequential list. It runs now as an application.

Jott's a free phone service that let's you call a voice mail box and have your message emailed to someone or yourself . RTM has a plug-in for Jott that you can leave a message and it will add the item to your RTM list .. it's hard to get it to work with OF because Jott doesn't recognize "--" when I say it , it hears it as " tyson, tyson " ; ) .

How about sending an email to yourself that, given the appropriate AppleScript parsing would change the content of the email to an OF friendly format, and then transfer it to OF?

Tried downloading your handlers but when I open the file in Script Editor its an empty file. I'm interested in using them for my scripts, could you double check?