The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Correctly subdividing the page for paper cuts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hello. I create tickets with OmniGraffle -- multiple copies of the same image on a page. I would like to be able to space out those images such that the spacing above and below the tickets is uniform and that the minimal number of cuts is used. For example, if I create 5 wide tickets on a portrait-oriented page -- each ticket 2.2 inches by 8.5 inches -- I'd like to be able to cut the pages with 4 cuts and have all the tickets look exactly the same.

So far, I haven't been successful at doing this. I suspect the problem is that I don't know how OmniGraffle maps the canvas to the physical page to accomodate physical printing margins. FWIW, I output to a PDF file before printing.

Does anyone have the correct mathematical formula for this? Does the FM (the manual) discuss such things?

Thanks.

--phil