The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Precise rescaling of diagrams? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I recently did a floor plan layout at a ruler scale of 1 in = 1 ft. The scaling worked great; objects were easily dimensioned using the Inspector to the macro scale, and the printouts were all true to scale.

I then needed to make the same drawing at a scale of 1/2 in = 1 ft.

Simply printing at 50% reduction did not provide a drawing true to that scale.

I also tried to edit the ruler scale to this 0.5 in = 1 ft. This appeared to give the proper transformation of the diagram. The diagram went from spanning multiple pages down to just printing on one sheet. However the printout was not true to scale, and appeared to be at about 110% of the desired.

Can anyone instruct me on the proper way to accomplish this?

Check that you don't have Scale to fit paper size selected in the Print settings for Paper Handling: