The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Change default page layout Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Every time I open Graffle, it presents me with a protrait-orientation sheet to work on.

I'd like the default to be landscape.

How do I make this happen?

I'd suggest creating a new template via the File Menu -> New Resource, setting the orientation to landscape, save, and then select that template as your new default.

Hope that helps,

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Gavin

I just tried that and it doesn't work. I did it twice to make sure I didn't screw anything up.

File:New Resource:New Template
Hit New Template Button
Get a blank, portrait document
File:Page Setup:Landscape:Okay
File:Save
Set name to Blank Landscape
Omnigraffle:Preferences:Default Template
Choose Blank Landscape as default
Okay
File:New
Tada! A blank, portrait document. Oops. Okay, I guess I'll continue to manually change this every time I start a new document.

Instead of using Page Setup, use Canvas Orientation in the Canvas: Size inspector.

Personally, I create a file with all the right settings in page setup and inspectors and use that as my starting point.

Oddly enough, I started a new document today and lo and behold it started in landscape. Not sure why it didn't work yesterday, but I'll take it.