The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to prioritize tasks efficiently Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
As I use OmniFocus more and more, I'm finding it more challenging to prioritize my hundreds of tasks. I do a weekly review and update start dates, and I use due dates sparingly. However, when I do have a few spare moments, I like to knock out a couple of tasks. But with hundreds of tasks that are past the start date, I have to spend time thinking about which tasks will have the greatest impact and should get first attention. I don't want to use flags for this purpose (I am using them to label a few critical client requests). For example, I may have active ten projects, but three have fallen behind, so I want to bump them up to a higher priority for attention when I have some open time. I want the tasks associated with those projects to be front and center. How are others prioritizing tasks? I kinda miss the FranklinCovey ABC prioritization concept. Any way to implement that with the fields available in OmniFocus?