The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bulk Context/Project Setting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In my workflow I pile up large numbers of tasks in my inbox ( captured on my iphone or my laptop ) and when it comes time to organize my inbox I really want to tear through my "no context" list quickly. This flow is well optimized in the desktop client with one drag per item to get the job done. With the iPad I was really looking forward to a similarly optimized experience.

I went to the context view and tried to just drag items from the "no context" list to the sidebar. No dice.

What I find is that I need to do 3 clicks and some hunting in a scrolling list for each item. Anybody else find a better way? Omni folks, did you explore alternative interaction designs?

Same question goes for sorting my inbox into projects/etc. Wow it is a lot of clicking ( or I haven't figured out the right kung fu ).

Once you have the context or project list up (granted, that takes a couple of taps), start typing any sequence of characters from the context or project you want. For example, i type 'onl' for my Mac:Online context. The list will rapidly narrow to just what you need. Then it's two more taps to finish up.

I used to use the drag and drop technique on the desktop, but switched to this autocomplete approach when my project and context lists got too big for easy dropping.

That said, use the Contact Omni link in the gear menu to submit your drag and drop feature request.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Once you have the context or project list up (granted, that takes a couple of taps), start typing any sequence of characters from the context or project you want. For example, i type 'onl' for my Mac:Online context. The list will rapidly narrow to just what you need. Then it's two more taps to finish up.
I sent in a request earlier today to eliminate one of those two taps by interpreting a tap of the Return key as selection of the first item showing in the list. More votes are welcome! Mention OG# 549640 to save them a bit of trouble...