The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rearranging Projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm finding it quite frustrating in trying to reorder Projects. I'm in the Planning mode. Dragging a Project to a different location in the same window works sometimes, other times, it stays put or, it will become a sub-category of the Project I drag it in-between. Quite buggy I'd say, unless I'm missing something here. In dragging, I always wait until I get the proper bar and arrow before releasing for the drop.

Works fine on my iPad as long as it's in Landscape mode, but reordering on my Mac is the problem.

Last edited by csonni; 2012-10-10 at 05:44 AM..

Reordering seems to work a lot better in the sidebar. But trying to drag things around in the main window is a joke.

Use keyboard shortcuts to precisely move items in OmniFocus.

http://downloads2.omnigroup.com/soft...-Shortcuts.pdf

The second page of the pdf under Edit Menu shows the keyboard shortcuts for moving a project/task/folder. These keyboard shortcuts move the selected item whether in the main window or the sidebar.

I never liked keyboard shortcuts, especially any more than 2. Thanks for the link, though.

Fair enough. I have no other solution to your issue. I, like you, am unable to successful drag items around the interface with 100% accuracy and as a result learned keyboard shortcuts as needed.

I do use a free application I found in the Mac App Store to help when I do not recall a specific keyboard shortcut. CheatSheet lists all keyboard shortcuts in the current application by holding down ⌘.

http://www.grandtotal.biz/CheatSheet/

Thank you. Handy app.

You are welcome. Good luck with everything.