The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

add row/item Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One thing I'm used to, but don't care for in OmniOutliner seems to be present in OF also as presented in the demo. Placing the cursor in a pre-existing row/item only to hit return/enter to generate a new row/item is not obvious and seems like extra work. In OO, there is a keyboard shortcut for Add Aunt and Add Child, but not for Add Row. With OF, I'd like to see a way of creating a first new task/item to start editing without having to first place the cursor. If the cursor is to be used, it should be a direct action like making the cursor into a little box with a key combination and then clicking where the new task/item is to appear, or perhaps picking up a little box icon from somewhere nearby, dragging it until the placement arrow appears, and dropping it in the location for the new task/item.

Otherwise, what I've seen so far is brilliant, slick, and inviting.

-Paul