The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Explorer compatibility Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Now that MS has no Explorer fo Mac anymore, I am looking for a full Explorer compatible browser for ill-behaved corporate apps like Siebel that require 100% compatibility.

Maybe a market for OmniWeb ?

If a web site doesn't work on the Mac using Firefox 2, it probably doesn't work on the Mac, period. Most web sites/corporations that intend to support mac users in some way ensure their site works in Safari. Those that are too lazy for this, it may work in Firefox. If it only support Windows-specific features (like ActiveX), then get an Intel mac, Parallels, and Windows XP -- and use IE 6 on Windows.

I doubt anyone would waste time and resources emulating IE5, which was stable in its time but an antique now. Where I work we develop for IE6 (windows), Firefox (mac/win) and Safari. This also means Opera, Konqeror and some smaller browsers probably work, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlainG
Now that MS has no Explorer fo Mac anymore, I am looking for a full Explorer compatible browser for ill-behaved corporate apps like Siebel that require 100% compatibility.

Maybe a market for OmniWeb ?
An impossibility. These sites aren't IE specific, they are Windows specific - as Handycam has described, they use aspects of the OS that are proprietary to MS. Even when MS did make IE for the Mac, it was still incompatible with most of these IE specific sites.