The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

ad block in OmniWeb Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Another Camino/Firefox user here giving Omniweb a spin, having not used it since the early days of OSX. I, too, am having problems with the adblocking feature. I don't know too many "regular users" who are well versed in the use or syntax of regular expressions. I've tried copying/pasting filters from my Firefox adblock list (adding them one at a time is a rather cumbersome process). Right-clicking unwanted images is fine, as long as they are not Flash ads. Then, the process becomes opening Site Preferences, finding the source of the unwanted image/ad, then hopefully write the filter correctly in regex so that it works. Unfortunately, when I go to Foxnews' site for example, it's just full of ads in Omniweb. I don't see any in Camino (using Camitools).

Something to consider would be one click importing of filters, whether from the Pogo site, or something hosted by Omni. I'm afraid when adblocking was implemented, people were thinking like developers rather than end users. It really hasn't evolved much since the v.4 days and OSX 10.1.

Otherwise, I've been pretty impressed with this beta. It's fast, stable, looks good. Add in a user-friendly adblocking scheme and I'm sold.