The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's the best way to sync the Archive? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm concerned about the Move Old Data to Archive command.

Quote:
OmniFocus saves your archive file in the same place as your main database: ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/, where ~ is your home folder. If you ever want to look at your archived data, just choose Open Archive from the File menu; your archive opens in its own window.
I want to be sure that my archives are synced between computers, separate from my working database. What's the best way to do this?

Any plans in the works to address this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteypolo View Post
Any plans in the works to address this?
I can't see why; archive is archive and it's not synched to keep the database small.

Why not use something like ChronoSync to do this? I'd also think iCloud might make this possible in the future, when it ships.

Some at Omni see a reason to do it, though it has yet to happen: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...73&postcount=7

Until then, some sort of file sync tool would probably be the ticket, but you probably only want to actually add data to the archive from one machine, just to play it safe.