The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multiple top level sections in one document. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, all.

First post to the forum so please forgive me if my question seems simple or has been asked before. I am just beginning to work with Omni Outliner and learning about its features.

I am trying to create a document and the one I have created has one icon on the left under the sections list with an orange top portion that seems to be the highest level in the hierarchy. I can create other lists under this icon but I would like to create another section at the same level and not subsection to this one. I haven't found anything on the manual or tutorials as to how to do this.

Copy and paste also didn't seem to work.

Any ideas ?

How can I create a single document with multiple Sections covering different topics ?

That top section is the entire document. You build your sections under that, and either click on the entries in the section list or use the Hoist command when you've selected the sections you want to see.

whpalmer4,

Thanks for your help and reply.

Joe