The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tab Drawer Opening On The Wrong Side? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've only noticed this with the last couple of Sneaky Peak builds, I have my tab drawer set to open on the right but when ever I quit and then start Omniweb it always reverts back to the left hand side. When I check prefs the checkbox for tab draw opens to the right is checked but I still need to click it again in order to set it right.

Have you saved a snapshot of your Workspace? If so, the drawer location is part of the information that is stored. If you only have the sites open that you want to store in the snapshot, make the drawer open on the side you want, then take a further snapshot. If you just want to clear the Workspace back to the defaults, close all tabs and windows and take a snapshot.

I've had this problem with the regular 5.x versions.

What I did was close the tabs, and then with the window moved all the way to the left, reopen the tab deal. That has taken care of it for me with the retail builds. I haven't had this problem with the SP builds.

SC

To expand on the problem (i think) that Smithcraft is mentioning. OS X tries to be smart when you launch an app that's close to an edge of the screen. So if you launch OmniWeb and the window is close to the right side of the screen, the tab drawer will automatically open on the left for that window.

The solution here would be to move your window further to left and then "Save Window Size" (via the Window menu).

It was strange perhaps I had moved saved a snapshot using workspaces or something I don't know the window hadn't moved and when I saved window size it still did it, after downloading the latest sneaky peek today the problem went away so I guess it's fixed?