The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What do you think of this idea?
I think this is a GREAT idea. 2 22.22%
I guess this would be kind of cool. 0 0%
I could care less about this feature. 3 33.33%
I could live without it. 1 11.11%
I think this is a HORRIBLE idea. 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Web Development Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
A nice web dev piece would be nice. With like drag and drop
components. The only example of something close to what I am thinking
of is Tagworld.com 's site building application. It is simple and
easy to use. It would be nice if I could build a website in OmnoWeb
and then upload the html to a website or copy and paste the HTML to a
website. Maybe an OmniWeb myspace editor would be nice too. You know,
make things easier for the customers.

I'm all for more web dev tools, but not any sort of WYSIWY(ASBND)G tools.

I'm all for it but it would have to match at least the Web Developer Plugin for Firefox, but optimally be more like firebug.

Tell me more, what kinds of web dev tools would you like to see? Describe what you want. The better Omni understands our request the better they can make the update.

I've already sent some of my requests in through the "proper channel" of using the Feedback option within OW. Plus I've posted it in other threads here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
I've already sent some of my requests in through the "proper channel" of using the Feedback option within OW.
"Proper Channels"? So sending ONE feedback email...would be better than publicly posting an idea so that it can be shaped an molded and apropriately discussed by those it will innevitably effect? In the Feature Request section...of a forum, that was set up so the users could discuss the application to give the developers a better understanding of their perspective, wants, needs and ideas. But maybe your right...sending the developers ONE email saying "HEY I WANT THIS NOW DO IT!" would probably get a WAY better responce than publically posting the idea for others to judge with a POLL, discuss in the forum so the developers can really get an understanding of what the users would like to see. Your totally right, my bad... I should have gone through the "Proper Channels"...oh wait no, thats right... I did send a messege to the Developers using the Feedback option...my bad I forgot to mention it, my bad, I shouldn't have shared my idea with others, that wasn't the "PROPER" thing to do. Really sooo sorry Forrest.

...Now does anyone have any suggestions? =D

Last edited by Jx_Imagine_it; 2007-03-10 at 06:05 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
I'm all for more web dev tools, but not any sort of WYSIWY(ASBND)G tools.
see I don't get all those letters...I have no clue what that means...and that would be why I was looking for a SIMPLE...EASY to use Web Dev system...for people who need to build webpages quick and easy and don't have time to learn...what ALL those letters mean...But I guess some heavy Web Dev tools would be GREAT for you. So please add that to the forum please. The more suggestions the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jx_Imagine_it
"Proper Channels"? So sending ONE feedback email...would be better than publicly posting an idea so that it can be shaped an molded and apropriately discussed by those it will innevitably effect?
You're applying an either/or to a situation where I said both. You misquoted me. I've already discussed it here on the forum, as well as sent my requests to OW directly.

Your whole response was written as if the second sentence of my two sentence post wasn't there.

How does misquoting someone and being sarcastic get you what you want?

I was replying to your "proper channels" quote specifically. You where implying that sending a feedback email was the right way to do it, rather than discuss it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jx_Imagine_it
I was replying to your "proper channels" quote specifically. You where implying that sending a feedback email was the right way to do it, rather than discuss it here.
If you want your idea to be logged by the OG, it is.