The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Collapsing my Contexts hierarchy Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I first started using OmniFocus, I created a 3-level hierarchy of contexts. There's only one 3-level branch; the rest are just 2 levels. Here's a portion of my current hierarchy:
  • errands
    • in-town
    • Acton
    • Nashua
  • home
    • repair
    • yard
  • office
    • clients
    • development

I've found that some of this hierarchy is unnecessary. For example, I'd like to eliminate the "home" sub-contexts and move all of the "repair" and "yard" tasks (completed and active) into the "home" context.

Must I do this reorganization one task at a time, or is there an easier way? For example, if I delete the "repair" context, will all tasks in that context move to the parent "home" context?

I could experiment, but I figured it would be wiser to ask first.

Last edited by Ward; 2008-02-29 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: fix typo

In Context mode, you can select the Repair and Yard contexts in the sidebar to show all of the actions assigned to either, then in the action outline you can Select All (Command-A) and drag them all onto the Home context to assign them all to that context.

Hope this helps!