The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Support for 'Focus' and 'Perspective' ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use custom perspectives synced to the iPhone when I need to Zero in on specifics. I have custom perspectives set up for the following Contexts:

ActionItems
Due Soon
Follow Up
Waiting

So at any point if I need to review these particular contexts, I have direct access to them on the iPhone. I spend most of my time in this view while in the iPhone and find it quite optimized for the use case.

Here's my custom view:

Last edited by policarpo; 2010-07-14 at 09:49 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by policarpo View Post
I use custom perspectives synced to the iPhone when I need to Zero in on specifics. I have custom perspectives set up for the following Contexts:

ActionItems
Due Soon
Follow Up
Waiting

So at any point if I need to review these particular contexts, I have direct access to them on the iPhone. I spend most of my time in this view while in the iPhone and find it quite optimized for the use case.

Here's my custom view:
THat looks nice!

Would you mind sharing your settings for those perspectives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
We did think about the focus feature: the phone app doesn't have a built-in Focus command, but if a perspective synced over from the phone says "Focus on X/Y/Z", it respects that.

Rather than constantly focus and re-focus on items in real time, make a couple of perspectives that focus on the projects you need in those settings, sync them over to your phone, and you're good to go from then on.

We may add this at some point - folks have asked for it before. But this request has had fewer than 10 customer votes attached since we launched the app. It looks like the top of the "we need this feature" list (linking to address book contacts in some fashion) has almost 70.

I understand you want this quite a lot - you should email the support ninjas and add a vote for the feature. For what it's worth, though, most customers seem to be doing okay without it.
Thanks. I will definitely do that.

@patgallant

Most of these are established via selecting the Contexts i want to view and then saving them as a Perspective View. The only one that has any real settings is the 'Due' Perspective. I just set the Status Filter to Due Soon and save it as a snapshot. I used custom icons from Things and from online to customize the icons a bit more.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Thanks,
-policarpo