The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

(a) Weekly meeting, and (b) event with deadline Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
(a) I have a weekly meeting every Tuesday at 1pm. I want to make notes on that meeting. How do I store this in OF, or do I use a separate list/note with my calendar appointment?

(b) I have to do a task by this Thursday evening. How do I handle this with OF? Do I enter it as an action with a due date? If so, how am I to be reminded of the task? Or do I have to do a "daily review" to remind myself to do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdance View Post
(a) I have a weekly meeting every Tuesday at 1pm. I want to make notes on that meeting. How do I store this in OF, or do I use a separate list/note with my calendar appointment?
I tend to keep notes like this in a separate document, typically in OmniOutliner. You could also attach the notes to a repeating action in OF (say, "Take notes at meeting"). What do you typically do with these notes? Do you just use them to extract new next actions, or do you refer to them frequently? Different uses might favor one recording mechanism over another.

Quote:
(b) I have to do a task by this Thursday evening. How do I handle this with OF? Do I enter it as an action with a due date? If so, how am I to be reminded of the task? Or do I have to do a "daily review" to remind myself to do it?
I'd enter this task in OF with a due date of Thursday. You can set up Growl to remind you when a task becomes "Due Soon" or "Overdue" in OF. You don't necessarily need to do a daily review (though I'd encourage that), but you do need to work from a Due Soon perspective if you are counting on OF to help you manage due dates.

My general approach is to knock off my due soon items first. If I clear the decks of those, then I work from other perspectives.

Curt