The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Utterly lost confidence in this... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm using a first gen iPhone with latest firmware update and latest omnifocus for iphone (not desktop). Today I was using the phone at my desk, ticking off tasks and using the desktop to compose emails. When I slid the bar to unlock the iphone screen, omnifocus had quit. When I tried to open omnifocus, it had reset its database and I was left with the default settings and few tasks you see when you first install the program. All of my projects, tasks etc - gone.

I've emailed support (no response yet), but suspect the only way back is to try to restore the iphone. Problem is, I'll lose a week of data if I do that, and presumably a week's worth of podcasts, calendar and contacts entries as well (Is that right?). I've totally lost confidence in this "product" which is clearly still in the beta stage, and unreliable.

Task management is key to Getting Things Done, and if I can't rely on a product to be stable I don't think I can trust it to re-enter all of my data again, just to risk losing it all again in some random glitch of the program. Does anyone have any idea how I can recover my data?