The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

feature request - many things... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I bought OmniFocus some days ago and there are some things I am missing right now:

1. Possibility to map slight other approaches of time/task management

The GTD philosophy is really good, but it might not work exactly for everyone. For me there are some thoughts of Zen To Done ( http://zenhabits.net/2007/04/zen-to-...tivity-system/ ) really interesting. I would like to plan something like daily and monthly milestones to review how close I am to reach a long term projects. Of course I could define several additional tasks for the reviews, but I would like to get it more automatic. To do the most important tasks a day it isn't possible to give some tasks a higher priority than others.

2. Adjusting of group dates
When I group several tasks with a start and end date I would expect, that the dates of the tasks would be adjusted automatically when I change the start date of the group.

3. graphical view of tasks
Just a suggestion: I would like to see something like a Gannt-View in OmniFocus to see how busy I am on several days.

4. collaboration with other users
It would be nice if I could delegate some tasks with other OmniFocus users like my wife :)

Best regards,

Holger

Quote:
1. To do the most important tasks a day it isn't possible to give some tasks a higher priority than others.
Can you use the flag function to identify your MIT each day?

Quote:
2. Adjusting of group dates
When I group several tasks with a start and end date I would expect, that the dates of the tasks would be adjusted automatically when I change the start date of the group.
If you want all the tasks in a project to have the same start date as the project, leave the start date for the tasks blank. Then they will be available according to the start date set for the project.

Quote:
3. graphical view of tasks
Just a suggestion: I would like to see something like a Gannt-View in OmniFocus to see how busy I am on several days.
I have found that if I have hard, established times to work on specific tasks (8-11, work on Smith proposal, 2-4, review quarterly budgets, etc.) I put those tasks in my calendar so I can effectively block out that time. OmniFocus is quite flexible, but its a challenge to use any GTD task manager to work with time-specific (calendared) tasks. BusyCal would be a nice addition to OmniFocus for you, as it places time-specific tasks right on the calendar. Sync the tasks from OnmiFocus and BusyCal will populate the calendar for you.

Quote:
4. collaboration with other users
It would be nice if I could delegate some tasks with other OmniFocus users like my wife :)
I don't do this myself (OmniFocus to/from OmniFocus), but I expect that some of the members here do. Perhaps a search or a post in the Using OnmiFocus forum could turn up some ideas in this area. I use email scripts with Mail and OmniFocus to work on shared tasks/projects with my wife (PC user) and it works pretty well for us.