The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request: "Got Things Done" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to make the case for some way of reviewing completed items, and in particular for a listing ordered by a visible completion date. I suspect that simply (hah!) having a sortable completion date column would give me nearly everything I need.
A couple of slightly depressing "use cases" would be viewing:

- a listing of completed tasks/projects ordered by date, after some given date. i.e. the dreaded Quarterly Report, etc.
- a listing of completed tasks within a project, ordered by date. I.e. did I try lipsticking that pig before or after fitting it for wings?

[ A tiny sub-wish may already exist: is there a keyboard shortcut for toggling the completed box in a new Quick Entry task? ]

I see that you are now (today!) working on completion dates. Perhaps you are in the mood to flesh out how best to use them...

Nice app, BTW!

There's already a completed option in the view bar (under the 4th setting from the left -- the one with the checkmark icon). Won't that do what you're looking for? If you also group by completion, you'll see time-oriented groupings.

I'd like to see the actual completion dates. For context, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple View Post
I'd like to see the actual completion dates. For context, etc.
I wonder how hard it would be to add an optional column for completion dates in project view.

I'm really getting hampered by the lack of any date columns or coloring (or sorting!). I definitely wouldn't want to be stuck with date columns in all my views, but I could really use the ability to choose to show start date, due date, or competed date in any given view. (And sort by that date too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjc View Post
I'm really getting hampered by the lack of any date columns or coloring (or sorting!). I definitely wouldn't want to be stuck with date columns in all my views, but I could really use the ability to choose to show start date, due date, or competed date in any given view. (And sort by that date too!)
Perhaps I misunderstand your issue, but did you look in the Preferences and elect to show the start date, due date and estimated hours columns?

Completed date is not an option (yet?).