The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to overwrite sync database Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I started a new database on my Mac. I want to replace my sync database with this new one. When I click Sync, I get a message that says:

"Since there is no common history between these databases, you'll have to choose which copy to use."

I would like to choose, but I can't figure out how. If I click Retry, I am offered the option of replacing my current database with the sync database, but not the reverse. I've looked in the Sync Preferences, but don't see anything that will accomplish my goal.

I found a solution. I used Transmit to connect to the WebDAV server containing the database and renamed it. I’d still be interested to know if there’s a less hackish way to accomplish this.

This is what File->Replace Server Database... is for. Sounds like there's some code that needs to be updated in your scenario -- in the older versions, you were asked to choose which database you wanted to keep by clicking on buttons labeled Local and Remote, and more than a few people were probably confused into choosing incorrectly.

Ah ha! Thanks! Didn’t think to look there.