The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

v5.3 Performance Degradation under Lion Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since upgrading to Lion and 5.3 I've noticed much more frequent rainbow spinners. In fact, most operations seem to result in the spinner at least briefly. Is this a known issue?

Sorry for the trouble! This doesn't ring a bell as something we've heard reported, but we'd love to investigate and see what's going on. Can you email our support ninjas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonw22 View Post
Since upgrading to Lion and 5.3 I've noticed much more frequent rainbow spinners. In fact, most operations seem to result in the spinner at least briefly. Is this a known issue?
I've been having this same issue.

Move something, pause, etc. A lot of lag.

At first I thought maybe this was a Lion issue, but then I realized that I have a brand new 27" iMac with 16gb of RAM.

This is grinding my productivity to a halt and potentially making Omnigraffle unusable for me in the long term.

I'm assuming we are not the only ones with this issue. Omni Group?

I've seen a few reports of something like this go by - one from a customer whose main document had something like 200 canvases. (In that case, the customer speculated that the more frequent saves that Versions does was a factor.)

The problem doesn't seem to be widespread, though. Folks who are experiencing this: please contact support - we'd love to investigate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I've seen a few reports of something like this go by - one from a customer whose main document had something like 200 canvases. (In that case, the customer speculated that the more frequent saves that Versions does was a factor.)

The problem doesn't seem to be widespread, though. Folks who are experiencing this: please contact support - we'd love to investigate!
I've got 46 canvases, which I do not think is excessive, and I've isolated the issue to be, for the most part, when returning focus to the application. That is, if I use another application and return, even if I pause, the application needs additional time to wake up / catch-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonw22 View Post
I'm also having significant problems with Omnigraffle on the new air (w/ Lion). When I'm manipulating objects on the page and navigating the canvas, there doesn't seem to be any noticeable lag - but the program periodically freezes for up to 5-8 seconds with the pinwheel, and then goes back to regular performance.

Does anyone know if there's a save in the background setting that's causing this? It's extremely frustrating and I don't think I'll be able to continue using Omnigraffle if I can't figure out how to solve this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russu View Post
I've got 46 canvases, which I do not think is excessive, and I've isolated the issue to be, for the most part, when returning focus to the application. That is, if I use another application and return, even if I pause, the application needs additional time to wake up / catch-up.
That sounds like it might be the autosaving causing this. If you're willing to send us a copy of your file to test with that would be very helpful. omnigraffle@omnigroup.com Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
That sounds like it might be the autosaving causing this. If you're willing to send us a copy of your file to test with that would be very helpful. omnigraffle@omnigroup.com Thanks!
I'd love to send you my file, but that's not a real option for me. Sorry.

What about using the gibberizer option of the send feedback ability? It replaces all the text, but not images if that's a concern as well. You can email it to yourself to see what the result is.

Derek, when did such a feature get implemented for OmniGraffle? I have never seen it anywhere but OmniPlan...