The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.5.2 for iPhone is now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Ken,

I haven't had an opportunity to check this yet, but does 1.5.2 (or 1.5.1) fix the issue in the UK that makes locations assigned to contexts appear a few km from their actual position when you include a full post code in the address?

TIA

Edit: Here's my original thread:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=12801

Last edited by JKT; 2009-07-17 at 01:37 AM..

Dropped Folder support is huge. Can't wait.

BZ

Pardon my brief ignorance factor ... but what exactly are we talking about with a Dropped Folders feature?

With 1.5.1 or earlier on the iPhone/iPod touch, if you mark a folder as dropped on the desktop client, you can hide it from sight (by setting the sidebar filter to Remaining), but it always shows up on the iPhone (and without any indication that it is dropped!) This leads to unnecessary visual clutter on the iPhone if you make use of the ability to drop folders to hide stuff that you want to keep on hand but not see. With the 1.5.2 software, presumably those dropped folders won't appear unless you are displaying All in Projects, and maybe you'll also be able to mark folders as dropped or not dropped from the iPhone as well, which does not currently seem to be possible.

If you don't have any dropped folders in your database, and hearing about them hasn't caused you to think of a bunch of potential uses, you would be within your rights to consider this an uninteresting change :)

Thanks! Brief ignorance factor gone. Sounds similar to putting a project on hold, which I use often. Perhaps I should add the task "Learn other OmniFocus features"?

Did you zap any buggies in this build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
[*]The default due time is now 5pm rather than the beginning of the day.

[/LIST]
Hi Ken
Will it be possible to change the default due time?

Speaking of changing the time, it sure would be an improvement if tapping the next day/week/month button kept the current time while changing the date, at least if a time had been set. Deferring something a day or two would be a more pleasant experience, and it seems a bit unlikely that many people changing the date on something are going to want to switch it back to midnight if it wasn't already there.

Question: If I'm using Mobile Me, but am tied to my company's Exchange account, am I sh*t out of luck for the calendar notifications? Am assuming (sadly) so.

If I'm right in my assumption, this was one of my concerns about your bit of innovative work here. Tying the software to OS X is one thing, but tying features to other, specific, applications continues to narrow the compatibility for users like myself.

Am hoping I'm wrong here, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyBaker View Post
If I'm right in my assumption, this was one of my concerns about your bit of innovative work here. Tying the software to OS X is one thing, but tying features to other, specific, applications continues to narrow the compatibility for users like myself.
Assuming you are right (I don't know, and have no intention of ever interacting with an Exchange server), how are you any worse off than you were yesterday, before this feature shipped? Put yourself in Omni's position -- you have a big stack of requests for a feature that can be implemented immediately for most of your user population, but may not work for a small group. The alternative is to wait an unknown amount of time for a 3rd party (Apple) to provide technology to do what you want that you can only hope will be available to all of your customers (Apple doesn't exactly have a perfect track record in this regard!)