The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

[OF2] List view is over flat! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OF list views are even more flat than iOS 7 itself! It is clearly overdone.

Check the iPhone settings on iOS7 , even it is flat but it still use icons, category titles in dark background color, smaller text size and capital letters to enrich visual structure, but in OF, it only use bold and italic to indicate different category items in a list, with no title, no space , same background color, same size letters which requires much efforts to distinguish them !

Click any context or project in OF and compare with iPhone setting, you will see which is better.

Particularly, the view in all available actions is better, but not clear enough, I think reintroducing some icons will be more helpful.

I agree. I like the new design but this is the one area I have trouble with. The lack of visible separation between tasks from different projects/contexts just makes it look like one huge long list.

Interestingly the iPad version if anything goes to the opposite extreme - but it is very clear.

Exactly. I like overall design of OF2 but I think OF1 has a much much more readable "all available action" list. Same for all perspective views !

Quote:
Originally Posted by psidnell View Post
I agree. I like the new design but this is the one area I have trouble with. The lack of visible separation between tasks from different projects/contexts just makes it look like one huge long list.

Interestingly the iPad version if anything goes to the opposite extreme - but it is very clear.

+1 for the iOS 7 settings UI. Omnigroup should really copy the UI that is used in the settings screen in order to get a visible separation between tasks.

I love the UI of the settings screen, but while it works great there, it may take too much space for OF IOS 7. Perhaps the grey spacers, but only at 1/3 the thickness of the settings screen. I have few contexts but many items within them. I'd like some separation, but not so much that I have to scroll forever.