The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

New task from Mail attachment only? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hello.

I am looking at OF to (potentially) replace Things. One feature in Things that I use constantly is being able to drag an attachment from a Mail message onto the Things dock icon and have that bring up the Quick Entry dialog, so I can create a new task with the document as an attachment. Sometimes I just don't need the entire mail message.

Is there any way to do something like this in OF? It seems like my choices are either to clip the entire message, or to save off the file then attach it later, which is many more steps.

Thanks in advance,
Robin