The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

can't get rid of second 'miscellaneous' Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have two 'miscellaneous' categories for some reason. One is completely empty even of completed items. I delete it, and some time later it returns! I am syncing between my two macs, iphone and ipad. All syncs are up to date. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it once and for all?

Thanks.

Take the one you want to keep and rename it to Miscellaneous.keep. Delete the other one. Check your OmniFocus preferences and make sure that it has Miscellaneous.keep as the default single action list. Now sync your Mac on which you did all this, followed by your other devices. Go back and rename Miscellaneous.keep to Miscellaneous, sync the Mac, sync the other devices. In my experience, that should do the trick.

In addition to the steps Bill mentioned, you'll want to make sure all of your Macs are set to use "miscellaneous.keep" as the default single action list; it sounds like one or more of your devices may be set to "create when needed".

(The setting is located in the "data" panel of OmniFocus for Mac's preferences.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
In addition to the steps Bill mentioned, you'll want to make sure all of your Macs are set to use "miscellaneous.keep" as the default single action list; it sounds like one or more of your devices may be set to "create when needed".

(The setting is located in the "data" panel of OmniFocus for Mac's preferences.)
I assumed that setting gets synced to all other devices (and they don't have bugs in handling it); it certainly appeared to get synced to my iPad, and there isn't any UI on the iPad or iPhone for setting it. I agree that if for some reason it didn't get synced, the procedure wouldn't work, but I wrote out the sync procedure as I did to help ensure that it would.

Thanks guys, this worked great...so far.