The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iBook G4 Return Key Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I have a Project Folder and Project Names below and then double-click to show the items in the right hand window when I high light a project and press the Return Key to create an item nothing happens.

I don't know if this is a problem with this particular iBook or a feature of older iBooks in general but there also doesn't seem to be any alternative way of entering an item that works.

ueila

Double-check your filters to make sure you're displaying "all" or "remaining" actions and not just your "next" or "available" actions (since the new task you're creating won't be available yet).

We're planning to make the filters less aggressive (so they don't try to apply themselves to a row before you even get a chance to edit it), but for now the workaround is to change your filter settings.

Thanks Ken. I didn't even think about the filters as the Filter Ribbon was not showing at the time if I remember correctly. I normally work on an iBook late at night and it just never occurred to me.

ueila

ps: Copying the .ofocus files as .zips as you suggested works nicely thanks.

I'll reiterate my request here to have the presence of the Filter Ribbon sync with the application of the filter. No filter ribbon = no filtering. Showing the Filter Ribbon would quickly reinstate filtering the way you last left it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb
I'll reiterate my request here to have the presence of the Filter Ribbon sync with the application of the filter. No filter ribbon = no filtering. Showing the Filter Ribbon would quickly reinstate filtering the way you last left it.
I certainly see some merit to that idea. There are some problems with that approach, though:
  • The filter ribbon isn't intended to be the only way to access those controls: we all plan to let you choose filters from the View menu.
  • Very rarely do people want no filtering at all: people often want to filter out their completed actions, for example.

Didn't see that View menu method coming.
This could get complicated. How about some other visual indicator that the current view is filtered (all views would keep their own default/last filter). Someone has suggested showing "n tasks of m task". That info could appear in the optionally visible info bar along the bottom as in OW. If there is going to be a menu item to apply/remove filtering perhaps the indicator could be a toolbar button with that functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb
How about some other visual indicator that the current view is filtered
a glowing filter button?

funny background color overlay on 'search-restricted' panes?