The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Create OF task directly from mail message Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm sure this can be found somewhere on this forum, but I can't seem to find it. Here's what I'm trying to do w/ OF.

While I'm processing my messages, I want to create a new task. So, I invoke OF w/ my keyboard shortcut and enter the task.

What I can't seem to figure out is how to create a link to that message in OF. I want to be able to quickly go back to that message later when I'm completing the task.

I remember reading something on Daring Fireball a while back about copy/paste ability w/ mail messages, but I'm not sure that's the direction I need to go.

Thanks in advance.

-- Jesse

Do you have Leopard, or MailTags? AFAIK, one or the other is necessary for links to mail messages.

Yes, sorry. I have Leopard. I'm also using Gmail through IMAP.

I am not using MailTags, but I can if I have to.

I think your best bets then are dragging and dropping
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6488
or just the built in "clipping" service - see the Clippings tab in OmniFocus preferences for settings and guidance.

Thanks so much, Craig. I wasn't aware of the clipping feature. That will work perfectly for my needs. The drag-and-drop will come in handy too. What a cool program!