The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Due tag showing, but no task to do Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In OmniFocus for the Mac, I'm seeing a due flag for three tasks, but when I look further, there is nothing to do. Here is the background:
  • I'm in the Projects view
  • I have a folder structure with one "child" folder.
  • Within that folder, I had a project which had 2 tasks to complete.
  • This gave me a total of 3 "flags:" one for the project, and 1 each for the two tasks it contained.
  • I've since completed the project and its tasks.
  • The 3 tasks are now showing as overdue.

I've searched around OmniFocus in Contexts, Projects, Flagged, etc. and no where do I find that this project is still available for me to complete. However, the "due" flag (with 3 tasks) still shows.

The trick is, once I open the parent folder, the flag goes away. When I close it, the overdue flag reappears.

Signed,
Perplexed

Seems that resetting the Data preferences to default has corrected the issue.

I'm guessing that resetting those preferences changed the "Due Soon" setting back to the default of 2 days. Maybe the folder that contains the project (or the project itself) has a due date that's coming up in the next couple of days and that preference was set to 3 days or one of the longer values?